Yes, Flourish is safe to use with shrimp. It is true that in large amounts, copper can be toxic to aquatic animals and invertebrates like shrimp and snails can be particularly sensitive. However, copper is needed in trace amounts by both plants and animals, including shrimp, which is why we include it in Flourish, Flourish Trace, and our other Trace products. The amount of copper in Flourish is so small that you would have massively overdose before you would begin to approach an amount of copper that is toxic to even the most sensitive animals. There is usually much more copper in tap water than there is in Flourish.
Have more questions? Submit a request